Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mamma's Monday: Christmas

Merry Christmas all my Little Dee's out there,

This holiday season, I sit in my worn out Lazy Boy drinking eggnog, playing with my cats, and thinking.  What is Christmas?  To some people it's waiting to get gifts from Santa, while for others it's about spending time with family.  Well, I don't have any of those to look forward too.  I don't have any family near by and Santa is scared of me.  This does not stop me from celebrating Christmas though.

I put my DVD of a burning yule log in (it plays for 58 minutes) and I thank God.  I thank Him for all that he has given me.  Successful daughters, lovely cats, and a long life.  How could I ask for anything more?  This is all I need to make me happy. 

Next I bake cookies all day.  These cookies are not just for me, but for the other seniors in the building that also don't have any family.  Doing this gives me a little happy feeling inside.  I just did something to bring some wonderful holiday cheer!

Well, it smells like the cookies are done.  If any of you tell anyone about Mamma Dee's soft side, I'll kill you and boil your insides!!!  Merry Christmas everyone, stay safe!

Love,
Mamma Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment