Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Fruitless Fantasy

"Will it be any good?"  This is always the first thought that races through my head as I sit down.  "Will it be any good?", I think about it again as I sit in that plush velvet seat.  I open my program.  The sound of papers, chatter, and candy wrappers fill me ears.  "Will it be good?", I ask my self one more time.  Then the lights dim.

All feeling of doubt get wiped away as the orchestra starts to play.  The sound of the rolling timpani replace the candy wrappers as the curtain goes up and I get excited.  This is my favorite part : knowing that you are about to see something great unfold before your eyes.  Suddenly time stops, I leave all of my troubles behind and enter a beautiful world of imagination.  I feel free.

I cry, laugh, and feel at home.  This is my home, my beautiful palace were anything can happen.  But sadly it never lasts.  Two and a half hours later, I am back outside in the real world wishing I could still be in my fantasy world, knowing I never can be.  Instead I sit and wish.  I wish to return as the train returns me to my real life.  I bring a small piece of this world back with me, a small program.  I stare it longing to return.

 Eventually I know I will go back to my beautiful palace and let it carry me away to all of its glamor and I will again ask myself "Will it be any good?", already knowing the answer.  Someday I will return, but when?

No comments:

Post a Comment